Subjunctive KoL: GetMoreMeat
From time to time, you'll probably wonder, "How can I get the most Meat from foes I slay?" This guide will hopefully help you to answer that question. (But note that it might be the wrong question to ask! Depending on where you're adventuring, you might be better off trying to maximize the number of items you get instead and selling those items. See GetMoreItems for that.)
Here's everything that I know of which gets you more meat. Note that all gains are percentages of the basic meat drop, so the gains are bigger for monsters which drop a lot of meat (like Yetis). Also, all percentages are additive; that is, if you have something giving you +20% meat and something giving you +50% meat, they'll combine to give you +70% meat (Jick recently changed this, to the dismay of a lot of people; before, some of the bonuses would multiply instead of add, giving you more meat).
- Nimble Fingers (Disco Bandit skill) -- +20% meat
- Expert Panhandling (Sauceror skill) -- +10% meat
- Gnefarious Pickpocketing (Gnomish skill) -- +10% meat
The coffee pixie, cheshire bat, and hand turkey all have the same functionality as a leprechaun. There are also some familiars, like the dice, cocoabo, driedl, and feather boa constrictor, which occasionally give random amounts of meat, but this is separate from your normal meat gain.
- Leprechaun or equivalent -- +5% meat/level
See also GetHeavierFamiliars for advice on increasing your familiar level.
meatspout staff (weapon) -- +15% meat
muculent machete (weapon) -- +5% meat
penguin whip (weapon) -- +3% meat
acoustic guitarrr (weapon) -- +2% meat
stainless steel slacks (pants; hardcore Disco Bandit Ascension reward) -- +20% meat
7-ball (off-hand item) -- +5% meat
box-in-the-box-in-the-box (off-hand item) -- +3% meat
box-in-the-box (off-hand item) -- +2% meat
box (off-hand item) -- +1% meat
incredibly dense meat gem (accessory; ultra-rare) -- +25% meat
Grimacite galoshes (accessory; Mafia raffle item) -- +25% meat
Baron Von Ratsworth's money clip (accessory, one only) -- +15% meat
ice skates (accessory, one only) -- +15% meat
Radio KoL Bottle Opener (accessory; radio item) -- +15% meat
porquoise necklace (accessory, one only) -- +10% meat
toy train (accessory, one only) -- +10% meat
lucky rabbit's foot (accessory) -- +7% meat
tiny plastic hermit (accessory) -- +6% meat
white collar (accessory) -- +3% meat
lucky Tam O' Shanter (familiar equipment) -- +50% meat
If you have a leprechaun or equivalent, having a tiny plastic familiar accessory is almost as effective as a tiny plastic hermit, since the tiny plastic familiar is +1 level, which is +5% meat (and is much cheaper to get in the first place).
- Egg-stortionary Tactics (eat a black striped, black paisley, or black polka-dot oyster egg) -- +50% meat
- Polka of Plenty (Accordion Thief buff) -- +50% meat
- Red Tongue (eat a red snowcone) -- +30% meat
- Your Cupcake Senses are Tingling (use a pink-frosted astral cupcake) -- +30% meat
- Wasabi Sinuses (use Knob Goblin nasal spray) -- +30% meat, but decreased stats and items from combat
- Heart of Pink (use a pink candy heart) -- increased meat (exact amount unknown, approximately 10%)
As far as I know, there's no hat which increases the amount of meat dropped (though the plexiglass pith helmet can indirectly increase the amount of meat by raising your familiar level).