Subjunctive KoL: GetMoreStats
Interested in gaining power as quickly as possible? Then you'll probably want to maximize the amount of experience you get from fighting monsters. This guide will help you get the most stats out of your fights.
Note: This guide is still a work in progress, so not all information has been completely tested yet. If you find something inaccurate or incomplete, please let me know.
- Blood-Faced Volleyball or equivalent -- +0.25 stat points/level
Note that the volleyball gains are rounded up, so a 25-pound volleyball and a 28-pound volleyball will both give you +7 stat points. The gains are not dependent on the nature of what you're fighting. The cheshire bat and Jill-O-Lantern function like a volleyball. The killer bee will increase your amount of Muscle gained, but less so than for a volleyball.
The hovering sombrero works differently from a volleyball -- rather than giving you a flat increase, the gains from the sombrero depend on the nature of the monster you're fighting. The breakeven point appears to be about 20 XP -- below that level, a volleyball will give you bigger boosts, while above that level, a sombrero is more effective. I'll post more detailed numbers once I work them out. Note that the sombrero will give huge bonuses against enemies in the Sorceress' Tower.
See also GetHeavierFamiliars for advice on increasing your familiar level.
Most of the equipment which allows you to get more stat points operates by increasing the monster level, so your stat points won't come for free -- you'll have to fight tougher monsters to get them! +5 monster level will yield +1 stat point. Note that if you're using a volleyball or equivalent, the annoying pitchfork is not as effective as the level-boosting equipment for the familiar.
- ice sickle (weapon) -- +15 monster level (+3 stat points)
- ice baby (off-hand item) -- +3 stat points
- hippo whip (weapon) -- +10 monster level (+2 stat points)
- serpentine sword (weapon) -- +10 monster level (+2 stat points)
- squeaky staff (weapon) -- +6 monster level (+1.2 stat points)
- ga-ga radio (weapon) -- +1 stat point
- giant needle (weapon) -- +5 monster level (+1 stat point)
- Frost™ brand sword (weapon) -- +3 monster level (+0.6 stat points)
- can cannon (weapon) -- +3 monster level (+0.6 stat points)
- styrofoam crossbow, staff, or sword (weapon) -- +3 monster level (+0.6 stat points)
- Grimacite guayabera (shirt; Mafia raffle item) -- +0-50 monster level (+0-10 stat points), depending on Grimace
- goth kid t-shirt (shirt) -- +5 monster level (+1 stat point)
- hockey stick of furious angry rage (accessory; Ascension ultra-rare) -- +30 monster level (+6 stat points)
- stainless steel scarf (accessory; hardcore Sauceror Ascension reward) -- +20 monster level (+4 stat points)
- Radio KoL Antenna Ball (accessory; radio item) -- +1 stat point
- ring of aggravate monster (accessory) -- +5 monster level (+1 stat point)
- annoying pitchfork (familiar equipment) -- +5 monster level (+1 stat point)
- wax lips (familiar equipment) -- +3 stat points
These are the only things that I know of that affect your stat gains from combat. Of course, there are many ways to gain stats outside of combat -- the gym, the Hall of the Legends of the Times of Old, the shore, eating and drinking things, and so forth.
- Contemptible Emanations (use a cologne of contempt) -- +20 monster level (+4 stat points)
- Aloysius' Antiphon of Aptitude (Accordion Thief buff) -- +3 stat points (1 to each stat)
- Orange Tongue (eat an orange snowcone) -- +3 stat points
- Shiny Happy Cupcake (use an orange-frosted astral cupcake) -- +3 stat points
- The Cupcake of Wrath (use a green-frosted astral cupcake) -- +10 monster level (+2 stat points)
- Big Veiny Brain (use a Knob Goblin learning pill) -- +2 stat points, but decreased items and meat
- Ur-Kel's Aria of Annoyance (Accordion Thief buff) -- +2 monster level per level of listener (+0.4 stat points per listener level)
- Heart of White (use a white candy heart) -- +1 stat point
- Eau D'enmity (use perfume of prejudice) -- +5 monster level (+1 stat point)