Subjunctive KoL   Subjunctive KoL: FamiliarItems

This is a list of all of the items you can equip on your familiar. Each familiar (except the pet rock, the toothsome rock, and the Comma Chameleon) has exactly one special piece of familiar equipment which can be used only by that familiar; there are also several familiar items which can be used by any familiar.

Most familiar equipment is won at the Cake-Shaped Arena. Every ten victories at the Arena, you receive an item. According to Jick, this item has a 25% chance of being a lead necklace and a 75% chance of being the special familiar equipment for the familiar currently being used. There are a few exceptions to this rule:

All of the specials give +5 to the familiar level except for the badger badge, can of starch, evil teddy bear sewing kit, giant book of ancient carols, miniature dormouse, the moonglasses, the penguin-smacking club, the pet rock "Groucho" disguise, the pet rock "Snooty" disguise, the shock collar, the targeting chip, the teddy bear sewing kit, the tiny makeup kit, the tiny nose-bone fetish, the toy six-seater hovercraft, the tuning fork, the weegee sqouija, and the Mr. Store accessories.

The lucky Tam O'Shanter, miniature gravy-covered maypole, wax lips, plastic pumpkin bucket, flaming familiar doppelgänger, and Mayflower bouquet cannot be won at the Arena, but were only obtainable by trading in one Mr. Accessory at Mr. Store during the months of March 2005, May 2005, July 2005, October 2006, January 2007 (for a Great Ball of Frozen Fire which could then be melted into it), and May 2007, respectively. (The Tam O'Shanter can be zapped into a Tam O'Shatner, which has exactly the same effect but...with more...ellipses.)

There are also two custom familiar equipment item, the Toddler-sized Dragon Costume and the Panda outfit. Each is +5 familiar level and +5% item drops from monsters. They were given to Cynn and Foggy, respectively.