Subjunctive KoL: AscensionChecklist
So, you've beaten the Naughty Sorceress and are ready to Ascend. Hooray! However, there are many things you can do before stepping through the gash which may save you time and aggravation later.
Top priority -- if you forget these you will feel very stupid later
Other things to do
- Buy any trophies you may have earned on this run. Remember, if you are buying a trophy which requires Hardcore, you must buy it before breaking the prism. Don't forget!
- Make sure you have purchased the skill you are planning to keep from this run.
- Make sure you have the familiar that you want to take with you.
Items to get
- Get your epic hat, if desired. This will consume one adventure, and you must not yet be drunk.
- Get the easter egg balloon, if desired.
- Get some goofballs, if desired. After all, the first one's free!
- If you have a mushroom plot, harvest any remaining mushrooms. If you haven't yet completed Mayor Zapruder's quest, you might want to do so -- the rewards are pretty worthwhile.
- If you have any dry noodles, scrumptious reagents, Advanced Cocktailcrafting accessories, snowcones, or hilarious objects left to summon, summon them. Also, if you can summon candy hearts, summon as many as you can. Similarly, if you have not yet used Nash Crosby's Still fully, use the rest of its charges (you can always turn soda water into tonic water if you don't have anything else to do).
- If you have an Astral Badger and some adventures, you can get more astral mushrooms.
- There are some other items that you can get only once per ascension, so if you have some extra Adventures and like collecting things, you can try to get them. These include:
- cheap toaster
- fuzzy dice
- guy made of bee pollen
- hot pink lipstick
- pool cue
- shiny butcherknife
- silver shrimp fork
- If you really like collecting things, you can complete some of the optional quests to get their items:
- Dr. Hobo's quest
- the Dolphin King's quest
- the Pretentious Painter's quest
- the Slug Lord's quest
Items to save
- Untinker your meatcar. The meatcar is a quest item, so it'll disappear when you ascend, but the component parts aren't. You can do this immediately after completing the meatcar quest.
- Untinker any 31337 scrolls you may have (same reason).
Items to consume
- If you have a chef-in-the-box, explode it (since it will disappear anyway). If you don't have anything pressing to make, secret blends of herbs and spices are useful to sell in the mall.
- If you have a bartender-in-the-box, explode it. Again, if you don't have anything you particularly want to make, fine wine is easy to make and can be quickly sold.
- If you have a zapping wand, explode it. One profitable way to do this is to try to make an expensive oyster egg out of a cheap egg. Exactly what a cheap egg is varies, but as a general rule the cheapest eggs are either any sort of blue egg, or plastic eggs that are not red. Other profitable polymorphs include: ring of aggravate monster to ring of conflict or ring of increase damage; 30669 scroll or 33398 scroll to 334 scroll; Jarlsberg's earring to anything else; baconstone to porquoise. As of this writing, giant discarded plastic fork to anything else is particularly profitable, but unlikely to stay that way.
- Place any extra items you may want to sell in the Mall.
- If you have any remaining stomach or liver capacity, you can consume items necessary towards a trophy, or just eat or drink to get more Adventures.
- If you have any remaining spleen capacity, you can buy some twinkly wads to get a few more Adventures.
- If you have any remaining Adventures, you can use them towards getting a trophy. If you're not working on anything particular, you can farm the Peak with your remaining turns. If you're already falling-down drunk, you can still use the Adventures to smith equipment or craft jewelry.